|By clicking on "I Agree," you agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
|Host a Friendraiser Agreement|
The Alzheimer's Association thanks you for your interest in hosting a fundraising event to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. Events such as yours are important in the Association’s efforts to raise funds and awareness in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
The following guidelines are established to ensure that your Event is compliant with the Alzheimer’s Association’s policies and procedures:
Promotion and Logo Usage:
• The Alzheimer’s Association has no fiduciary responsibility for your Event(s) and assumes no liability for its planning or execution, including all promotion, set-up, staffing (including volunteers), or the collection and management of funds/donations.
• You may freely use the “have fun, do good, end Alzheimer’s” graphic in the promotion and carrying out of your Friendraiser. You are strictly prohibited, however, from using any other trademark, service mark, logo or copyrighted materials of the Association for your Event(s) without the express written consent of the Association.
• The Alzheimer’s Association does not endorse products, firms, organizations, individuals, or services. Accordingly, your Event(s) must be promoted and conducted in a manner that avoids any statement or appearance of an endorsement by the Alzheimer’s Association.
• All promotional materials must clearly state that your Friendraiser is raising funds that will benefit the Alzheimer’s Association, and include the percentage or amount that will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association.
• The Alzheimer’s Association cannot solicit sponsors for your fundraising event and does not provide any donor, volunteer, or celebrity contact information, mailing lists, press contacts, press releases, or formal advertising.
Finance and Tax Rules
• The Alzheimer’s Association will process only the final net proceeds of Event (s). Under no circumstances will third party revenues and expenses flow through the Association.
• The Alzheimer’s Association must receive all net proceeds within (30) business days of the conclusion of each Event and/or promotion. The Friendraiser host will also provide the Association a completed donation form recording the net donation and individual contributions.
• You may not establish a bank or other deposit or transaction account in the name of the Alzheimer’s Association.
• If payments are made to the Friendraiser Host/organizer, and the Friendraiser Host/organizer is not an IRS qualified organization, the payments will not be deductible for income tax purposes. If the payments are made to the Alzheimer’s Association, donations to the Alzheimer's Association are typically tax deductible, though you should consult your tax advisor.
• The Alzheimer’s Association sales tax exemption(s) (on purchases) cannot be extended to any Event or fundraising effort.
• In keeping with fundraising standards, no more than 25% of gross revenue from the event may be spent on event expenses. At least 75% of gross revenue must go to the Alzheimer’s Association, and all material publicizing the event must list the percentage that the Alzheimer's Association will receive. For example, promotional/marketing materials should state, ‘The Alzheimer's Association will receive at least 75% of the proceeds collected for this event.
Liability and Cancellation
All Friendraisers/Events must:
• Comply with all federal, state and local laws applicable to any Event, including fundraising rules and regulations.
• Determine the extent of and obtain its own liability insurance for the Friendraiser sufficient to cover any claim that may arise out of the Friendraiser. The Friendraiser organizer agrees to indemnify and hold the Alzheimer’s Association harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, costs, attorney’s fees, expenses, and liabilities incurred in connection with, or with the defense of, any claim or action or proceeding arising out of or incurred in connection with the Friendraiser/Event.
• Obtain all permits and/or licenses necessary for fundraising in the city in which the Event is to occur, the sale or service of liquor, and the hosting of raffles and/or games of chance.
• Inform invitees and participants that the Event is not produced, supervised or sponsored by the Alzheimer's Association and that the Alzheimer's Association is neither responsible nor liable for any acts or omissions related to the Friendraiser.
The following fundraising activities are prohibited in conjunction with third party Event for the benefit of the Alzheimer’s Association:
1. Programs that raise money on commission
2. Events involving the promotion or support of a political party or candidate, or those which appear to endorse a political activity
3. Direct solicitation (including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing, telemarketing or internet).
• The Alzheimer’s Association may direct you, and you agree to comply with the direction, to cancel your Friendraiser and withdraw any and all use of the Alzheimer's Association’s name in association with your Friendraiser. Such direction may occur for any reason, including the Alzheimer's Association’s belief that an association with your Friendraiser or any consequences that contribute to or result from your Friendraiser may have a negative effect on the mission, credibility, or reputation of the Alzheimer's Association.
You, as the Friendraiser Host/organizer, must register your Friendraiser 30 business days in advance with the Association by accepting this online agreement.
By clicking the button below, I accept and agree to abide by the terms of these guidelines with respect to my Event (s) to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. I hereby release and agree to indemnify and defend the Alzheimer’s Association, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, loss, liability, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs of litigation) imposed against or incurred by the Association arising out of or related to any event I host or any violation by me of these Host Guidelines.